The University of Virginia is proud to announce the adoption of a new Sustainability Plan with ten bold goals that will guide our progress for the decade ahead.
The 2020-2030 UVA Sustainability Plan is an important next chapter in our University’s sustainability journey.
TEN BOLD GOALS:
- Be Carbon Neutral by 2030 + Fossil Fuel Free by 2050
- Reduce Water 30% by 2030
- Reduce Waste to 30% by 2030
- Reduce Nitrogen 30% by 2030
- Increase Sustainable Food to 30% by 2030
- Advance Equitable Places
- Build Accountability
- Enhance Sustainability Teaching
- Enhance Sustainability Research
- Support Grounds-Engaged Learning
Meeting these ten bold sustainability goals will require passionate students, staff members, and faculty alike to take ownership of the way we use resources, the way we educate ourselves and others, and the way we engage with our fellow Hoos. Make sure you are subscribed to the bi-weekly UVA Sustainability Newsletter for updates and ways to engage. For more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.