The Kapadia Family Global Studies Travel Award was established by the generous gift of the Kapadia Family in 2023. The program will award up to $5,000 in scholarship to one or two undergraduate students to support a global research or internship experience.
The student’s planned research or internship must be approved/sponsored by a Global Studies faculty member. Preference will be given to work connected with a Global Studies faculty member’s ongoing research or education abroad programs. Please reference our website to see a list of all core faculty.
Applicants are encouraged to pursue significant and innovative learning through research, education abroad, or internships that have the potential for continued inquiry.
Successful applicants must:
- Be a Global Studies major
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have demonstrated financial need (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrate faculty approval/support for travel
- If applying for internship: an internship application or letter of support must be in progress by the scholarship application deadline.
The following documents are required to apply:
Your application must be uploaded to this portal before the below deadline(s).
Deadline to Apply
Summer/Fall Travel: Friday, February 16, 2024 @ 5:00 pm
Award recipients are expected to
- Comply with Institutional Review Board (IRB) research policies and protocols.
- Upon completion of your research or internship experience, please submit a 1,000 word report describing your activities, pursuit of goals, challenges and accomplishments, along with a photo of yourself taken in your research location our website.
Student international travel for university-related purposes is no longer restricted due to COVID-19 and has reverted back to the requirements established in the University Policy on Student International Travel. We expect all students to understand and abide by the policies and guidelines presented on this page; please read them carefully. Updates are made frequently and supersede previously presented information. Page content is current as of the date listed at the bottom of this page.
Undergraduate Students traveling for university-related purposes outside a study abroad program must complete a Travel Registration prior to departure. Registration includes insurance enrollment and a “COVID Plan” addressing border or quarantine requirements for your itinerary. Registrations are reviewed for completion, and travelers will receive an email confirmation once all requirements have been met. Scholarship funds will be disbursed upon approval of travel by ISO.